Tuesday 9 October 2012

Stratejoy with Molly Mahar | Coaching, Courses & Community for ...

posted 8th October 2012????Written by: Mary????CATEGORY: Life Lesson, Mary, Season 7

?

You know how I pledged to lose 100lbs? I was supposed to start on September 1, the day I also became a full-time freelancer. It made so much sense in my head that on this glorious day, I was suddenly going to become focused on healthy eating and self improvement. It was going to be GREAT.

?

I had salt and vinegar chips and French onion dip for breakfast yesterday.

?

Oh, and three Oreos. Breakfast of champions.

?

The rest of the day was no better?I ?accidentally? ate a pint of that new Ben & Jerry?s Greek frozen yogurt. There was also a piece of pizza and a rich pasta dish that I found a recipe for on Pinterest. To say I was in rare form would be an understatement.

?

I have been overweight my entire life (except for the year I was skinny) and I?ve had a lot of time to think about why I do what I do. The main two things I?ve been able to come up with are:

?

1) I?m sabotaging myself. There is a huge part of me that finds comfort in being overweight. It?s all I?ve really ever known. Even though I am uncomfortable, unhealthy and embarrassed, being thin is even scarier because I just remember feeling like I was living in a body that wasn?t my own. People do treat you differently and after years of being treated a certain way, I was actually hurt and mad when people were nicer to the skinny me.

?

2) I am addicted to food. This is the only way I know how to explain why I keep eating like I do. It is not as easy as just eating everything in moderation; my brain doesn?t understand that concept when it comes to certain food. Most times, I am better off not eating those trigger foods at all because once they cross my lips, it?s all over. When I read about how drug addicts act, I feel like I am reading about myself with food.

?

Unfortunately (or fortunately), I feel like I?m finally at that point where I have to lose weight. I am bigger than I have ever been and I?m crossing in to dangerous territory. When I was younger I just wanted to lose weight and look good, but my intentions are a little more wholesome this time. I want to be HEALTHY. As we?ve already discussed, I am afraid of dying ? and I know that what I?m doing right now is a form of slow suicide. How can someone who is so afraid of dying continue to contribute to their demise every single day?

?

Also, it is so weird for me to say this, but I want to have a kid. I am almost 29, and while I know that this isn?t ?old,? I also know that I need to get my shit together if I want to have a healthy pregnancy within the next few years. I refuse to get pregnant while I am so unhealthy because I feel like that is just inviting in a whole host of complications. Gestational diabetes doesn?t really do it for me, ya know? I also have selfish motives ? I want people to actually know that I am pregnant. I don?t want people wondering if I?m pregnant or if I just got fatter. I want it to be a wonderful experience.

?

So where does that leave me today, fresh off the heels of yesterday?s junk food binge? It?s another day and another opportunity to try again. I think it?s important not to let one ?bad day? completely derail your efforts. I woke up this morning and actually measured the sugar and milk that went in my coffee and my breakfast was impressively healthy. I can?t tell you how the rest of the day is going to play out, but I can tell you that right now, I?m trying my best to stay in control. That?s all I can do.

?

Comments (3)

3 Responses to ?A Weighty Issue?

Leave a Reply

Source: http://www.stratejoy.com/2012/10/a-weighty-issue/

Fireworks 2012 4th Of July emma stone independence day BET Awards 2012 declaration of independence 4th Of July 2012 Zach Parise

No comments:

Post a Comment